These bars have been the best morning treat - whether for breakfast or a mid-morning snack with coffee.
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup organic butter or coconut oil
1/8 tsp sea or rock salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour or almond meal
1 cup natural jam (optional: HOMEMADE CHIA SEED JAM)
1. Preheat oven for 350 degrees F
2. Grease or line a square pan
3. Combine all ingredients, except for jam, and mix until mixture is crumbly.
4. Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the pan, spread the jam evenly over top.
5. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over top of the jam.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly browning.
7. Cool and then cut into squares.
Healthier version of original: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11314/delicious-raspberry-oatmeal-cookie-bars/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=9&isMetric=false